Go to main navigation
110 East 59th Street, 23rd Floor, New York, NY 10022
Free Consultation: 212-521-0828 212-521-0828
/ Home / Blog


Recent Blog Posts

Definitions Of Manufacturer’s, Wholesalers and Importers

In order to make clear the many terms used by the New York State Liquor Authority when referring to manufacturers, wholesalers and importers in their Advisories, the following is a list of those terms and their explanations. BREWER means an entity, other than a FARM BREWER, licensed by the New York State Liquor Authority to… Read More »

What Is The Difference Between A Restaurant Wine License & A Tavern Wine License?

People are sometimes confused about the difference between a RESTAURANT WINE LICENSE (R/W) and a TAVERN WINE LICENSE (T/W). Both licenses fall under the category of on-premises licenses. They are licenses for premises in which alcohol is both purchased and consumed on the premises. A restaurant wine license is for a premises that sells wine and beer,… Read More »

New Year’s All Night Permit Application Deadline

Please be advised that the New York State Liquor Authority has just announced that the deadline for submitting your application for an All Night Permit New Year’s Eve (January 1, 2016) is November 16, 2015.


Lately, I have noticed some new websites on the internet that are posting misinformation about the types of liquor licenses available in New York State and the process of obtaining them. I am certain that these sites have the best of intentions and are done in the public interest. However, inaccurate information is sometimes worse… Read More »


On September 16, 2015, The Authority posted a revised Liquor Store and Wine Store application on their website to assist applicants in providing more complete and accurate information and complying with all mandatory requirements. The new application has more clear and concise instructions. Some of the changes to the application include: a revision to the… Read More »


Over the past several years the New York State Liquor Authority has been receiving inquiries regarding the sale of beer and cider for off-premises consumption in growlers. A growler is a glass, ceramic or stainless steel jug used to transport draft beer in the United States and Canada. They are commonly sold at breweries and… Read More »


People have been enjoying alcoholic beverages for thousands of years in many forms. It has always been in liquid form, but an inventor named Mark Philips has created a new product which could revolutionize the industry. It is powdered alcohol or PALCOHOL. Add Palcohol to five ounces of water and it becomes your favorite alcoholic… Read More »


Governor Cuomo announced a new state effort to educate bar owners, security, and staff of licensed establishments about new security features included on driver licenses, permits, and ID cards issued by the state. A new electronic brochure will be distributed to thousands of bar owners across the state that provides a description of the advanced… Read More »


FOOD CONCESSION ARRANGEMENTS All on-premises retail licensees are required to have food available for purchase and consumption by patrons. Where the licensee will not be preparing the food but will enter into an agreement with another to do so, the licensee or applicant shall notify the Authority that the licensee will be contracting with a… Read More »


If a licensed business is closed for less than two weeks, no action is required in order for the premises to remain in good standing (bona fide). If a licensed business temporarily closes or otherwise ceases licensed activities for more than two weeks, the license certificate must be placed in SAFEKEEPING. If the licensed business… Read More »

    Review Our Firm